Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Top 10 Reasons Why I Loved My Calling Today

1) I was greeted with a loud and irreverent "Hi, Beautiful!" from a 7-ish year old boy.

2) An 11 year old girl gabbed to me about how her family has enough members to have a birthday party almost every month of the year.

3) One 5 year old boy only sang out the last word (and nothing else) of every line in the Primary songs.

4) Another girl, was excused to go to the water fountain. Minutes later, she was seen leaping and twirling up and down the hallway.

5) I learned all about Pokemon characters when a boy told me all about his new cards.

6) The Primary Music Director told a 6 year old girl that she could keep her stuffed animal with her as long as the animal were to sing the songs, too. The girl said, "She doesn't know how to sing. She is a stuffed animal."

7) I take attendance at the front desk. Many of the kids make faces or wave as they see me writing things down.

8) Two boys seemed really excited I suggested they do reverent thumb-wars rather than the irreverent games of kicking each other's feet or boxing.

9) The Sunbeam class members showed big smiles during closing exercises. (...except one. He looked so stressed out! I wish I knew what he was thinking.)

10) The babies in the ward do laps in the hallways. I am pleased to talk to them while I am sauntering to do my secretarial duties.


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I loved #1 and #3! I'm glad to see (read) that you had a great time with your calling today! I'm also seeing a "focusing on the positive" (PMA! PMA! as Giles would say) thing going on! Hey...I just noticed...PMA has the same letters as PAM! Not that you want to start shouting out P.A.M. - if it stood for "Positive Attitude Mental!" Someone might get offended! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must point out to Romy that unless she knows anyone else with a firstname of Giles i feel I must object to being thus referred to!

    I have a first name and would appreciate it being used!! espcially by adopted sisters and close friends!

    ReplyDelete